Carleen Bright Arboretum
The Carleen Bright Arboretum celebrates and shares the distinct beauty of gardens and natural environments in Central Texas. The Arboretum is a year-round focus for community life.
The Carleen Bright Arboretum is a highly visible expression of Woodway’s community pride and:
- Engages diverse audiences in an inviting and safe oasis encouraging both renewal and recreation
- Creates and maintains beautiful gardens and collections of plants well-suited for Central Texas
- Stewards of the natural environments and resources within its boundaries
- Teaches diverse audiences about home gardening, plants, and the environment through programming, events, and facilities
- Provides premier regional venues for formal and informal events of all types.
About the Arboretum
The Carleen Bright Arboretum covers 16 acres, with over 8 acres in the southeast devoted to botanical gardens. The “hidden jewel of Woodway” boasts:
- A certified Monarch Way-station
- A pond with babbling waterfall
- A rose garden
- The Texas Superstar Bed and Trailside Gardens
- Two McLennan County Master Gardener demonstration gardens
- And much more
The Carleen Bright Arboretum offers Central Texans an attractive venue for special events. It truly is “The Perfect Place” for:
- Bridal parties
- Bridal portraits
- Business retreats
- Rehearsal dinners
- And more
The Arboretum now offers two select venues to host your special event – Whitehall Center and The Pavilion. Come and celebrate some of life’s most memorable moments surrounded by the beauty and tranquility of nature. We are looking forward to continued growth with the adoption of a new Master Plan and the addition of The Pavilion, Central Texas’ premier wedding venue.
The Massey Meditation Grove
The Carleen Bright Arboretum is pleased to announce its newest addition, The Massey Meditation Grove.
Todd Willis Nature Trail
To the northwest, the Todd Willis Nature Trail winds through native woodlands, suitable for explorers, young and old alike. An amphitheater with covered gazebo add to the beautiful majestic grounds and is the perfect setting for weddings, picnics, and the annual Midsummer Nights concert series.